Our Prayer

Our Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that I have sinned against You and that my sins separate me from You. I am truly sorry. I now want to turn away from my sinful past and turn to You for forgiveness. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ, died for my sins, that He was raised from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become my Savior and the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send Your Holy Spirit to help me obey You and to convict me when I sin. I pledge to grow in grace and knowledge of You. My greatest purpose in life is to follow Your example and do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Class Lesson October 10th will now be October 17th - Join a Class Prayer Group

 
Hey Gang,

We had a great start to our new series on The Case for Jesus last Sunday. Our discussion was on why Sin is such a big deal. It's easy to forget the importance and impact that Sin had when it entered the world, but we know and understand that all of the suffering, pain, disease, natural disasters and calamity that we see and face in the world today is because of the Original Sin in Genesis. Our case for Jesus is the understanding (apologetic) that God knew man would Sin if given the choice and that the world would have to face consequences to this choice. The woman decided God must be wrong and the man decided God didn't matter. Both were acts of unbelief which is the essence of all Sin. Adam and Eve chose the way of death and rejected the way of life, but God in His mercy and grace has provided a Savior and plan of salvation from Sin's choice...His name is Jesus! 

Our next lesson is on Why "Good" Isn't Good Enough. You know, it's the good people go to heaven question...right? The logic flows something like this: There is a good God who lives in a good place reserved for good people. This God goes by many names. He is behind all major world religions. Therefore, all major, and possibly minor, religions provide a legitimate path to God and, therefore, heaven. The criterion for making it to this good place is to be good. Each religion has its own definition for good. But what they all have in common is that men and women must do certain things, and not do certain things, in order to assure themselves a spot in this good place with a good God. Make sense?


Now let me ask you this: If God appeared to you and asked, "Why should I let you into heaven?" How would you answer? Probably like this: "Well, I've always tried to ... , Well, I never ... , Well, I've done my best ..." Whether you question Muslims, Hindus, or Christians, the majority of the answers received to this question go back to an individual's attempt to live a good life. Why? Because most people believe that good people go to heaven. Here's the moral: Behave yourself now and you don't really need to worry too much about what happens next. The end. Now let's get back to work, golf, Little League, PTA and the pressing issues of this life! Stay tuned...in two weeks we'll see what God has to say about this.

This week we will be meeting in the Life Center during the C4 10:00 hour for a time of fellowship, encouragement and discussion about Kingdom Cause II. We will resume our series study the following week with this week's lesson on why good isn't good enough

Please be sure to give some serious thought to the ladies and men's prayer groups shown above. (Click on the picture to enlarge) I want to thank Brenda Stephens and Clif Dunaway for initiating and facilitating these Saturday morning opportunities for each of us to support and pray for one another. Please contact Brenda or Clif if you can and will commit to be a part of a group.

Also, Susan contacted the Church and found out that if we are interested in participating in "Trunk or Treat" Saturday, October 30, 2010 we just need to let the Church know. We can decorate one trunk or more anyway we like as long as it's not scary! The Church asks that we bring some candy, but that they will be going around to each trunk and refilling the candy being given out. We were thinking if the class is interested in doing this we could go out for coffee and dessert after the event for a mini-social time! Please contact Susan or me if you would like to participate and if you would like to offer up your trunk!

Hey everybody, we had some new members join our class Sunday...Thom and Susan Freeland. We want to welcome them and thank them for choosing our class to be a part. I also want to take a moment to thank Thomas and Marie Samoros as they have really taken to heart the "Build and Bring" concept to our Sunday school class. God continues to bless this class and we cherish each one of you that have been a part. See you Sunday. 

Have a blessed week!

In His Love,

David and Susan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment