Our Prayer

Our Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that I have sinned against You and that my sins separate me from You. I am truly sorry. I now want to turn away from my sinful past and turn to You for forgiveness. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ, died for my sins, that He was raised from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become my Savior and the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send Your Holy Spirit to help me obey You and to convict me when I sin. I pledge to grow in grace and knowledge of You. My greatest purpose in life is to follow Your example and do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Class Lesson November 14, 2010



Hey Gang,

Another great discussion last week as we journeyed with Indiana Jones to the true meaning of biblical faith. Remember the question: "It's time to ask yourself - what do you believe?" Indiana had three challenges to his faith:

  1. Only the penitent man will pass - kneel before God.
  2. Proceed in the footsteps of the Word.                         
  3. Path of God is a leap of faith - you must Believe.


I would venture to say that we all face these challenges to our faith each and every day and that we too should understand that "only the penitent man will pass," and that our humble journey of faith should always be in the footsteps of God's Word. The path of God is a leap of faith and we must believe in order to proceed. You want a life adventure better than an Indiana Jones movie - then surrender your life completely to Christ and see what adventure or journey He will take you on!  It will be more than you could ever have imagined - why, you'll be able to tell a mountain to move from here to there and it will happen! Nothing will be impossible!

We learned that our salvation comes only through a personal faith and commitment in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. When we exercise personal faith, God declares us righteous just like He did Abraham. The life of faith is like a long-distance race in which believers are runners. Such a race requires learning from other believers, both living and dead. Our steady focus  throughout the journey must be on Jesus.

This week we begin a case for the Christian Life, itself - is it really any better? When people think of the Christian Life they sometimes think of it as only a set of prohibitions: "Why don't Baptists have sex standing up? Because it might lead to dancing." Fortunately this is a joke, but sometimes even Christians have gotten carried away with rules. Some will say, "I see miserable Christians and contented non-Christians all the time." Well, maybe we need to look a little more closely at the people and their life to recognize true contentment. And then there are those who ask, "If you take eternal life out of the picture, how's the Christian life any better?" Well, because eternity for the Christian starts now - God is with me all the time and I can depend on His power each day of my life. And then there are some who will even agree, "I think the Christian life is the best way, but I'm just not sure how to explain that to others." We understand what God wants by proceeding in the footsteps of the Word, (I've heard that before) believing it and then acting on it - You remember, Trust & Obey! 

This week we'll journey, no let's adventure through John 14 and 15 to see Jesus, Himself explain how the Christian life is better. The hope is that you'll be able to answer if and when someone asked you why you choose to live the Christian life. Your greatest apologetic is explaining to them what living in a relationship with God is all about.

Hope you have a blessed week and we'll see you on Sunday!

In His Love,

David & Susan 

No comments:

Post a Comment