Our Prayer

Our Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that I have sinned against You and that my sins separate me from You. I am truly sorry. I now want to turn away from my sinful past and turn to You for forgiveness. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ, died for my sins, that He was raised from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become my Savior and the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send Your Holy Spirit to help me obey You and to convict me when I sin. I pledge to grow in grace and knowledge of You. My greatest purpose in life is to follow Your example and do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Friday, August 28, 2020

8-Week Series Begins Sunday August 30, 2020

Hey Gang,


1.JPG


image.png

 

Our class hour now begins at 9:50 A.M.

August 30th


We are beginning a new series with the church called Oneness Embraced




Click Play to Watch


Oneness Embraced by Tony Evans

Click Here to Read the Book


Week One

Pastors Wayne and Alex Teaching (FBS-UC/KLC) – Introductory Session YouTube

Discuss in Groups – Week of 8/30

Purchase Oneness Embraced by Tony Evans  

Hey everybody, I have purchased the ebook for you to read above, if you’d like to read along with the study - just click on the link above for the book.



For Our Group Time - Discussion Questions:


What do we hope is accomplished through this study?




Read John 17:18-21

a. What is Jesus praying for us?

b. What significance is it to you that Jesus is praying this for you…and us? 

c. Has unity been a priority for you/us like it apparently is for Jesus?

d. What would being “as one as We are one” look like?



     On the video, the Pastors said that racial disunity is a spiritual problem that can only be solved by the gospel of Jesus Christ. Similarly, John Piper has said: “The only solution powerful enough to overcome racial strife and bring about reconciliation and harmony is the gospel of Jesus Christ.” 


So why do you think the church has not been more active in addressing it?



Read Revelation 7:9 

      How should this vision of Heaven that God wanted us to have impact our attitudes and actions while we’re here on earth?

 



Challenge:  

Ask God to open your heart and mind to hear what He has to say to you through this study and to move forward in obedience to His will. 





 


Looking forward to being back in class with everyone!!


We love you and God Bless,


David & Susan


Teacher Notes:








Key Points

·       Purpose of the study:

1) To embrace the oneness given to us in Jesus Christ and

2) as the Body of Christ (i.e. the church), be ready to take steps toward working together so that the community would see oneness of purpose across races and God would be glorified.

o   What this study IS: 

§  A biblical perspective on race, reconciliation, and unity in the Body of Christ

§  An attempt to address a spiritual problem with the Gospel of Jesus Christ

o   What this study is NOT:

§  An attempt to start an argument or win a debate

§  Politically motivated

 

  • There has been an official resolution regarding race in the Southern Baptist Convention since 1939, and many more over the years following. It’s been recognized as a gospel problem to be addressed by churches.  But we’re still talking about it???

 

  • Pastors Wayne and Alex have asked us to “Open our hearts and view this through the lens of scripture – not politics. Let your guard down; don’t be politically defensive and listen for the voice of God. Assume the best.”

 

  • Jesus’ High Priestly Prayer in John 17:18-21 sets out His desire for oneness within the body of Christ.

 

·       Revelation 7:9 shows us that in eternity (heaven) there will be a multitude of people with visible racial differences all together worshiping God.

















No comments:

Post a Comment