Our Prayer

Our Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that I have sinned against You and that my sins separate me from You. I am truly sorry. I now want to turn away from my sinful past and turn to You for forgiveness. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ, died for my sins, that He was raised from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become my Savior and the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send Your Holy Spirit to help me obey You and to convict me when I sin. I pledge to grow in grace and knowledge of You. My greatest purpose in life is to follow Your example and do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Friday, December 24, 2010

Class Lesson December 26, 2010



Hey Gang,

Well Christmas is here - are you ready? This question has a little deeper meaning than before, especially after our lesson last week. What level are you living on this Christmas - is it Survival, Success, or Significance...you were created for significance. Remember Mark 8:35 (TLB) "If you insist on saving your life, you will lose it. Only those who throw away their lives for My sake and for the sake of the Good News will ever know what it means to really live." Last week we watched as Jack Baker found out that it's only when you lose everything...that you realize what you really have.

One of the special gifts of Christmas at our age and time in life is that we tend to reflect on life and the roads we've traveled during the past year or so. When the shepherds found Mary and Joseph and the Christ child in Bethlehem, they left and spread the word about what had happened to them that Christmas and people were amazed at what they had to say. And then there was Mary, remember what she did? The Bible says that she treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. I want us to close out this year with reflection on where we are this Christmas. Our question this week on the day after Christmas is this - what am I thankful to God for this year? Or what have I treasured up and pondered in my heart this Christmas? And what am I going to give to Jesus for His Birthday? 


Our prayer requests last Sunday are listed below:


Dewalds - Ryan had his wisdom teeth out on Monday.


Carys - Strength and wisdom.


Scheesers - Allison's surgery was a success. Please continue to pray for healing, decreased swelling and pain.


Dunaways - Justin for healing from a sinus infection. Joshua for wisdom in a relationship. Sheila for wisdom.


Aulers - Praise for Sandy has a new 6-month job assignment back at Carolina First. Traveling mercies for family members.

Merry Christmas to all of you and I hope to see you Sunday!

In His Love,

David & Susan 

No comments:

Post a Comment