Our Prayer

Our Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that I have sinned against You and that my sins separate me from You. I am truly sorry. I now want to turn away from my sinful past and turn to You for forgiveness. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ, died for my sins, that He was raised from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become my Savior and the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send Your Holy Spirit to help me obey You and to convict me when I sin. I pledge to grow in grace and knowledge of You. My greatest purpose in life is to follow Your example and do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Class Lesson November 28, 2010



Hey Gang,

Last week's lesson on Living Life in Light of Eternity opened some eyes, mine especially, to seeing and watching out for the problem of $-Greed-$. Gordan Gekko told us that greed is is a good thing. 

 Click Here

But very quickly we saw from our lesson that greed and the Christian life cannot coexist. It was interesting to learn how greed could be influencing my understanding of retirement and my planning for it. We learned that if your plans for the future focus on self and not on God and others - then you are no different than the rich fool Jesus spoke of in His parable. The most effective way to overcome greed is to begin using what we have for the benefit of others. How does one live life in light of eternity? By making the kingdom of God the focus of our life - if we do, He promises to do two things:

  1. Provide all things necessary for life and body. (Luke 12:31)
  2. Give us the kingdom or all things necessary for the soul. (Luke 12:32)

This week we explore the importance of the church to the Christian Life. Now, did you know that the number of Americans that don't go to church has mushroomed from 39 million to 75 million since 1991? It raises a question, could people be interested in the Christian faith but get turned off by Christianity? How could that happen? A lot of people confuse religion with God and  end up walking away from them both. Listen, the point isn't Christianity. The point is being a Christian. What are we missing about this? And what about the people that do attend church? Many times people that attend church do so out of a sense of duty or simply because they think that they are supposed to. When it comes to church what do you think God has in mind? These are just some of the questions we'll explore this week.

This weeks lesson is entitled Life Together and it focuses on the true and vital importance of the church and the fact that when it's done right, peoples lives are changed. How can we be a part of this amazing process. There are 3-progressive points this week: Identify - Experience - and Commit to the Church! We will go back to the very beginning of the church in Acts 2:41-47 and see a real alter call! Then we'll look at Hebrews 10:23-25 to see the importance of our commitment to our church. Something we might need to consider this week is whether we are really "doing church" as God intended or have we simply reshaped the whole experience to fit our comfortable lifestyles? There are people throughout the world today that are risking their very lives to attend a bible study in secret because they are desperate and hungry to know and worship God! Why will you attend this week?

Guess what? It's beginning to look a lot like - Happy Thanksgiving!



Hope to see you on Sunday.

In His Love,

David & Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment