Our Prayer

Our Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that I have sinned against You and that my sins separate me from You. I am truly sorry. I now want to turn away from my sinful past and turn to You for forgiveness. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that Your Son, Jesus Christ, died for my sins, that He was raised from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become my Savior and the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send Your Holy Spirit to help me obey You and to convict me when I sin. I pledge to grow in grace and knowledge of You. My greatest purpose in life is to follow Your example and do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Class Lesson July 26, 2026

 Series: The Fight of Your Life - A Study of Ephesians 

(Last Lesson)

Sermon Recap

Ephesians 6:17–18 teaches that the sword of the Spirit is the powerful and precise application of God’s Word against the lies of the enemy. Satan attacks by distorting God’s character and truth, but believers are not defenseless. Through prayerful dependence on the Holy Spirit and faithful application of Scripture, believers can confront deception, stand firm in truth, and walk in obedience to God.

 

Ephesians 6:17-24

The Whole Armor of God

“and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.

So that you also may know how I am and what I am doing, Tychicus the beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord will tell you everything, I have sent him to you for this very purpose, that you may know how we are, and that he may encourage your hearts.

Peace be to the brother, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Grace be with all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with love incorruptible.”

The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. ESV® Text Edition: 2016. Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Ephesians 6:17-24.

 

Discussion Questions

What stands out to you most in Ephesians 6:17?

Why do you think Paul describes God’s Word as a sword?

How does Satan commonly distort God’s character or truth today?

Why is the accurate application of Scripture important in spiritual warfare?

What is the difference between simply knowing Scripture and actually wielding it?

How do prayer and dependence on the Spirit help believers use the Word effectively?

 

Closing Thoughts

Ephesians 6 reminds believers that spiritual warfare is often fought in the mind and heart through distorted views of God and His purposes. As a group, we sharpen one another by studying Scripture together, praying together, and speaking truth into one another’s lives. A church that knows and applies God’s Word becomes a people equipped to stand firm against deception and point others toward the truth and goodness of God.

 

END



No comments:

Post a Comment